Monday, March 31, 2008

What to say..

The last couple of days have been very difficult and the coming weeks will be as well. Eric and I struggled for the first year of our marriage with friendships. It isn't that we didn't HAVE friends, but that after we graduated, all of our friends also graduated..and they left..but we didn't. We finally joined our Sunday School class at FBC Bryan, and felt that we'd found a group we clicked with. Here we began to build friendships that we knew would last..and it was then that I realized that these friends would be leaving us too. Well, that time has come. The Bynums and The Lancasters are leaving us. These couples have probably made much more of an impact on our lives than they realize. They've been with us through some very tough stuff, and through Lili's birth and hospital stay..they've prayed with us, cried with us, laughed with us. For that we are forever grateful. We'll certainly keep in touch, and maybe some day, God will put us back in the same place, but no matter where we are I know our friendship will stay strong. I thank God every day, not just for these friends, but for all of the other couples in our bible study as well. I know that each of you is in our lives for a reason, and I am so thankful for your friendship.

On a related note, I thank you all for your prayers. We had a big breakthrough as Eric finally said: "I think I'm ready to get serious about finding a job." This is the answer to one of my biggest prayers as of late. Thank you all for sending up the prayers right along side me.

2 comments:

The Bynum's said...

Stacey, thanks for your kind words. Your friendship means alot to me and I am so thankful we have been able to get to know you, Eric and Lili the past several months. We hope that one day God leads us back to this area.
Praise God that Eric is ready to job hunt seriously. I will keep praying.
Katie

sl said...

Stacey -
I'm SOO glad to hear Eric is ready to get serious about getting a different job! We'll be praying that the right opportunity presents itself soon.
And you know that we're going to miss you guys, too! I hope you get a chance to visit us in Stillwater.