Sunday, August 23, 2009

One Tough Cookie..

My little girl is one tough cookie..it's now been officially proven. This week started out a little bit rough for Miss Lili when she woke up Sunday morning with pink eye. We skipped church, and headed straight for the urgent care clinic to get her started on some antibiotic drops. We carried on throughout our week. All was ok until Thursday.

I was sitting in meetings at school when Eric called me to tell me that Lili had busted her head open at daycare. It's such a scary thing to hear that your baby has been hurt. I rushed to urgent care where I arrived just in time to see my sweet girl getting her vitals taken..while happily eating animal crackers. Then we saw the doctor who decided that she would need staples. I think I may have cried more than she did while they did the actual stapling. By the afternoon, she was running and playing like normal. Luckily they only had to shave a small spot on her head, and her 5 staples are pretty well covered by her hair. As her daddy told the nurses: "It took us 19 months to get that hair!" She'll have her staples out this week.

As the doctor said after giving her the staples--"If this is the worst thing that ever happens to her, she'll be alright!"

On a related note..sort of--please keep Baby Konnor in your prayers as he is temporarily back in the hospital. Hopefully he'll be ready to come back home in the next couple of days.

No comments: